Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Florence So Far.

I've sat down to write this post a few times now and all I have achieved is distraction. Everything is moving so fast and I don't want to miss a thing. I'm doing everything! We have been to cooking lessons, a renaissance dinner, countless museums, breathtaking churches and to the top of the Duomo and back. I am so grateful for this trip, for the people on it, and for our amazing professors leading this wild expedition!


They aren't all done yet, but i am liking to take pictures rather then to do the art that goes along with the course. The handmade art aspect has defiantly been the biggest challenge of this trip. I have discovered that I love creating the human form and muscle movements in my watercolors and sketches. They may not look great but I really enjoy making them and playing with the lines of the work. There is something so intoxicating about all the statues around here. They all look so real and they all possess their own unique character and emotion. Its like they all have their own little life story or history of where they have been, what they have done, and where they ended up today.

Although there aren't many pictures to go along with this post, know that they'll be here soon! :)

Illegal Picture of MichealAngelo's  David, I had to do some spy work to get it.
 (The Academia, Florence Italy)

No comments: