Sunday, January 16, 2011

This Year.

After practically drooling over the Miss America competition last night, I got the feeling that I usually do after I watch a glitzy pageant. I WANT TO DO ANOTHER!!!  There so addicting and such a good experience in dealing with people and how to present yourself. I loved my time on the pageant circuits and often think about the days where all that mattered was working toward that one big goal, the crown! After coming back to reality, I usually revisit the reasons why I have decided that my career is over for now. maybe :).

School is pretty important to me right now. Being a good student and doing well in my classes is my very first priority. You only get the opportunity to be an undergraduate student once. I'm trying my best to make the most out of both living on my own and enjoying the luxury of not having to be completely financially independent.

Pageants, as fun as they may be are very expensive. Spending an insane amount of money on something that isn't school is pretty hard for me to justify at this point in my 20-year-old life. As sad as it is I do have to realize that money doesn't grow on trees!

I guess in the end my real justification is that I would rather spend my thousand dollars on a plane ticket to somewhere I've never been, then on a fancy designer dress that I will adore, and wear once and let it hang in my closet until I am okay to let the dress just become a fond memory.

but for old times sake, I'll post a picture and dream about a time where I have achieved my education goals and want to strive again for a crown.


No comments: